Just found out my dad has haemochromatosis!
Just found out my dad has haemochromatosis! !! So now i think i have an time line of my health
1.Signs of anemia in mid teens, iron supplements taken
2. Years of binge drinking and modern low fat diet = obesity, liver stress, ‘bad’ estrogen increase
3. Pregnancy causing further increase in estrogen
4. Post pregnancy heavy menstruation, clots, mid cycle spotting, lethargy
5. Start paleo lchf, initial boost in health, fat loss
6. Suspect estrogen dominance: cut down alcohol, plastic exposure, start calcium d glucarate, milk thistle
7. Develop pelvic pains suspect fibroids – tbc
8. Discover mag group, start ac, mag + cofactors
9. Learn about unbound iron toxicity, which can cause increase in estrogen as antioxidant!
10. Find out my dad has haemochromatosis which is genetic.
So my plan is to get an ultrasound on Tuesday to see cause of pelvic pain. Then maybe-
Get bloods done to asses ferritin.
Get dutch test to assess estrogen
Start natural progesterone cream
Am i missing anything? Its all a bit sketcy but i feel I’m on to something!