My Mag Water (Mg bicarbonate) Recipe
My Mag Water (Mg bicarbonate) recipe:
How to Make Mag Water (Magnesium Bicarbonate)
one liter of plain sparkling water, carbonated water, or Seltzer water, optionally soda water.
45ml (3 T) of plain Milk of Magnesia containing about 1500 mg of elemental Magnesium
(Optional: Mg oxide or Mg hydroxide powder equalling 1500mg of elemental Magnesium)
This recipe can be doubled. Use a two liter bottle of sparkling water and 90ml of MoM
• Chill the one liter bottle of sparkling water
• Measure out the 45ml of plain Milk of Magnesia (MoM)
• Slowly open the sparkling water to minimize loss of carbonation
• Pour a bit into a glass (two to three ounces) to allow more headroom
• Slowly, very slowly, trickle in the 45ml of MoM
• Cap the bottle
• Shake with vigor
• Let it settle until clear
• Shake with vigor again
The sides of the plastic bottle may pull in a bit and this is OK. There may be some white residue on the bottom of the bottle and this is OK, too. The residue is unconverted MoM.
The Mag Water concentrate should now be ready to use.
Each ounce of the MagWater concentrate contains about 45mg of elemental Magnesium.
Pouring the liter of the concentrate into a gallon jug and filling it with water is the conventional method of preparing a Mag Water dilution for use.
This Mag Water, diluted, can be enjoyed throughout the day to provide a small steady stream of both Magnesium and bicarbonate.
It can be flavored to suit your taste or added to other beverages.